Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year

Hi all! Thought I would take a mintue and change everything up for the new year. First up, our son is off. It was a long night of getting him to where he needed to be, saying "Goodbye" and finally falling into bed at 5:00 am this morning. He is truely in God's hands now, not that he never wasn't! Your prayers as always are appreciated.
I'm also trying to recover from a bad fall yesterday. We went out to dinner after church, Alex was still home, so it was a nice time for our family to be together, we had ice yesterday morning, and down I went. I think I wretched my entire body! Everything hurts on every side, most concerned about my left arm. Actually, I had a herniated disk in my neck two years ago,but my arm felt just like this. I have some permanent nerve damage in my left arm, and since yesterday, it feels just like it did two years ago. So, am trying to take it easy today, and maybe tomorrow, and hopefully this disk is not the problem!!
Did a lot of knitting for Christmas, pics still need to come from hubby, maybe I should deny food :) till I get them!! Only kidding! I see from many of your blogs that I am not the only one who is busy. I was so busy over the holidays, I forgot about my blogaversary! It was December 27th! I had great plans, but maybe I'll do something soon!
Guess that is it for now. I don't want to ramble!:) I hope to be posting some pics soon. Thanks for you visit, your patience, and as always I welcome your comments!!
Suzanne

5 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Definitely praying for your son!! And hope you are OK after a fall... the few days after are the worse!!!

magnoliasntea said...

Hi, Suzanne, It's so good to hear from you!

Oh my, the fall you had sounds just awful, but the Lord is our healer so just take it easy and rest on that. I'll be praying for you.

I can't imagine how hard it must be to let your son go back on duty, but thank the Lord we know He watches over us. This one verse has been my stay for many years as I'm a worrier with the best of them: Psalms 34:4

Hope you have a good, restful day. :)

Denise said...

Happy New Year to you.

Hicks Family said...

Hi Aunt Suzie,

I did get your comments. I will get those pictures to you as soon as I can. Did you need close ups of them or is around them ok?

Have a great day!
We're praying for Alex!

~Lindsay

Karen (Rosesandtea) said...

Hi,
I'm sorry that you hurt yourself and I hope you are soon better.

May the Lord bless your son as he serves.