Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Computer Issues

Okay, I am sick of things being sick. I have been sick since, like, forever, Mid January, and then my computer gets sick. Is there a connection?? I think not, but thanks for letting me have my 3 second pity party! :) I have been doing some knitting. Made my mom a pair of fingerless gloves, they were from my Knitting Calendar 2008, with the ruffle. If you have the calendar, you;ll find them. I am bad, and didn't get a picture! I also made her a dishcloth and a mug rug. I still need to make myself one of those. I have been working on Alex and Anna's afghan. I don't know if I posted this, but I am doing the Moderne Blanket from Mason Dixon Knitting (Book 1). The pattern is simple enough, but this thing will be huge. It is all knit, which is nice, but a tad boring. I am finishing up another neck cowl, I will post pictures here when I'm done.
Just also wanted to share some personal stuff. I am currently going through Beth Moore's Study, A Psalm of Ascent. It is based on Psalms 120 - 134. It is a pilgrimage. I have read the Psalms many, many times, but Beth takes a closer look at these 15 psalms, like only Beth could. Also, the Lord's timing, as usual, is perfect, and why am I surprised when He gives me just what I need when I need it? I was having one of my bad days, missing Alex, and I sat down to do one of the lessons, and it was Psalm 121.
"I lift my eyes up to the hills, From where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to slip; your Protector will not slumber. Indeed, the Protector of Israel does not slumber or sleep. The Lord protects you; the Lord is a shelter right by your side. The sun will not stike you by day,, or the moon by night. The Lord will protect you from all harm; He will protect your life. The Lord will protect your coming and going both now and forever!
Can I just say... Amen!! I needed that, and knew that not only is God talking to me, to settle me, but I knew I needed to pray that for Alex.
Then, about a week later, we found out that Alex was going on a mission, and I was in Psalm 125. "Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion. It cannot be shaken; it remains forever." I just love the way God is using the Sunday School lesson to quiet a mothers heart. Giving me what I need, when I need it!! Our God is so good!!
Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully I'll have some new pictures next post!!
Suzanne

2 comments:

magnoliasntea said...

Hi Suzanne,
Top o' the mornin' to ya!
Sorry to hear you're not feelin' well. Hope that changes soon. :)

Thanks for offering to proof the crochet pattern, but it's a mess! I had a feelin'. Anyways, I'm redoin' it and will post it asap at my blog.

sewtakeahike said...

Hi Suzanne, thank-you for posting these Psalms. I needed that this morning.