Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm Back!


Okay I'm back. After a weeks vacation, I figure I better update this, I have so much to share. Went camping for a week with family and friends. Our church does a "Family Camp" for the weekend, and we had about 25 or so families represented. We do Hobo Pie Night, a potluck and then church on Sunday, the rest of the time is spent by the pool, reading, various other activites that one would do camping. We had good weather and a relaxing time. We stay at a beautiful campground in Ludington, called Poncho's Pond. Nan and Poncho are fabulous people, very willing to help, and you won't find a cleaner park. Thanks Nan and Poncho!! Of course, that meant I had to visit Nautical Knits, which is a wonderfully packed knitting store in downtown Ludington. Yes, I did buy stuff. Not as much as I would have liked, but enough!! Very fun.





Just to go back and catch up on a few things, before we left, I got my June dishcloth swap stuff. Connie R. sent me two beautifully knit dishcloths, and some fun BBQ things, and a cool postcard with a soup recipe and a nice handwritten note. I always do this when I send out stuff, I think its a nice touch. Thanks again, Connie.





In other news, the next few photos, are of my almost 20 year old son, and his totally put together go cart. He has been talking about doing this since he was like a sophmore in high school. He has been collecting parts from everybody, and he finally got it done. I even drove it. I am very proud of him. He was too. We told him Henry Ford started somewhere too!! :)





My socks are almost done, Family Camp is hard place to knit. Lots of people always around. We leave next week for my SIL in Gurnee, Illinois for a week. I also have only one child this week, as the rest are at camp!! This means lots of mom, knitting time. Who does laundry, really people!!! :) Guess I better go unload the camper, however, some work must be done. Hope your having a great summer, too. Thanks for visiting.





Suzanne

2 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Glad to see you back! Sounds like a wonderful time of fellowship! Nothing better!

Hicks Family said...

We have heard a lot about Alex's go cart from G and G. Thats pretty neat!