Sunday, February 17, 2008

Again!

Just realized all that has happened since I posted last. Saturday, the 9th of Feb, our son ended up back in the emergency room, with a wound infection. I'll spare you the gory details, but we were all pretty shaken up, and our thanks to Dr. Pete for giving us call ahead seating at the emergency room. This visit was more tramatic for our son, the doctor had to open his wound, and we have to pack it twice a day with wet gauze. It causes alot of pain, but should get better. The wound will have to heal from the inside out, instead of the other way around. Thanks to two "angel" nurses from church, who came this past week and did it for me. I am doing it now, it isn't the goriness, its causing your child pain that is very difficult. He is going to try a 1/2 day of school tomorrow, so keep him in your prayers. Thanks. Knitting has been productive. A little boring, as I am making the nurses (7) all the same facecloth. The pattern is from Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. She is listed on my sidebar, check out her blog. My dad is from Tennessee, and I have spent alot of time there. Don't tell my yankee husband, but that is where my heart is. By the way, he already knows. :) The pattern, is Lacy Picot Swirl Cloth. Looks like it should be done in the round, but it isn't, very cool how it works up. Very nice pattern and blog. Check her out. After these, I'll get back to my socks. Hopefully before spring comes. Which by the way, I am soooooooo ready for. Could someone please shoot the groundhog. Only kidding, don't believe that anyway. LOL. Hopefully, things will settle down here a little a get back to normal. Not really sure if we ever were, but our normal will work. Hope you have a great week.
Suzanne

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hi! I saw your post on the West Michigan knitters group on Ravelry and thought I would pop in and say hello. I'm right from Hudsonville, so I am sure we're not very far away from each other.

Best wishes for your son. I hope he heals successfully now and you don't run into any more problems.

God bless!