Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Flickr,FO, and Wip's

Okay, What is up with Flickr? If you'll notice, I have the badge on the side, and mine (and I've noticed several others) aren't working. I did download some photos this morning, and noticed that Flickr now lets you download several pics at one time, but do I need to change something in order to get my badge working again? I am way too computer stupid, to keep up with all these changes. Any help from any of you would be greatly appreciated. I did have a wonderful time on vacation. Do you think I took one picture? No. However, I might have some from other family members when they get them to me. We had beautiful weather, and great fellowship together. I did get started on my nephew's football hat. This basic part of the hat took me no time. All I have to do is the crochet edging and the football. I would use a little heavier wool next time, this Encore is nice, but seems a little floppy for me. We'll see when we get it on his head. Might make him a different one for Christmas. Yes, it is never to early to start, in fact, if I don't start, I will be up till 2:00 a.m like I was last year. :) Also finished my socks!! I love them. You can see my Ravelry Ravelry.com project page for more details, I am Zandersmom on there. I am working on a new dishrag for my July swap partner, so I will show pics of that after I send it off to her. I also made a quick little bag before I left for Chicago. It is crocheted, and was so quick and easy, and is the perfect size for my sock knitting. Also tried some Hyperbolic Scrubbies. Found the pattern on Ravelry. It is simply done with single crochet, but really hurt my fingers after a while, so I might try half-double crochet instead, and see what that gets me. I will post pics when I get that done.Oh, I also found Lion Brand's new sock yarn at the Hobby Lobby in Chicago, and I hoped that our HL would have it, and guess what, they did! This stuff is great. One ball makes a pair, it has Aloe in it, and it sells for only $9.99. You take one of their 40% off coupons, and whoa. I think you get the picture!! I haven't knit with it yet, but have been dying to try the Jaywalker socks I've seen on Ravelry, (if I knew how to link better, you'd be there ). Sorry.


Guess that's it for now, thank you to those who commented with such lovely comments about my garden pictures. We have had so much rain, it is booming this summer with color. I love that!!


Have a great week!


Suzanne

3 comments:

magnoliasntea said...

Your new header is just beautiful!

The hat is so cute! Love the socks! I saw the ditty bag here & had to start one. Yours is adorable! Thanks for the inspiration!

Hicks Family said...

What a pretty picture of your 'barn yard'. :) Thought I'd stop by and say 'Hi'. Hope you all had a nice weekend.

Love, Rhonda

Rebecca Jo said...

SOOOO jealous! I ran to my Hobby Lobby the other day & didnt see any of this! I heard its very nice though - how can it not be, just for the price alone! I'll be venturing back soon & if its not there - I'm getting my hands on a manager! Be sure to post your finished sock with it! :-)